I Built a Grow a Garden Roblox Calculator - Looking For Honest Feedback
Over the past few months, I've been spending my free time building a project for a game that I've enjoyed playing: Grow a Garden on Roblox.
Like many players, I often found myself switching between spreadsheets, Discord messages, and community posts just to compare plant values, estimate profits, calculate mutations, or figure out whether a trade was actually fair.
After repeating the same calculations over and over, I decided to build a tool that could make those tasks much simpler.
The project is called Grow a Garden Calculator, and it's a free web-based game utility built specifically for Grow a Garden players.
Project: Grow a Garden Value Calculator
The goal isn't to replace community knowledge—it’s to make common calculations faster and easier so players can spend more time playing and less time doing manual math.
Some of the features currently included are:
Plant value calculations with live mutation updates.
Mutation value calculations and stacking support.
Trade value comparison to help evaluate fair trades.
Pet XP, hatch, and other calculators that simplify game progression.
One feature I spent a lot of time refining is the instant calculation system. Instead of requiring users to press a submit button after every change, values update automatically as different options are selected.
I also added a Friend Boost slider (up to 70×) so players can estimate values more accurately based on their in-game setup.
While building the project, I learned that creating calculators is only half the challenge. The harder part is keeping data organized, making the interface intuitive, and ensuring calculations remain easy to understand for both new and experienced players. Community feedback has already influenced several improvements, and it's become clear that real users notice usability issues much faster than developers do.
The project is still evolving, and I'd genuinely appreciate outside perspectives before continuing to add more features.
I'd love feedback on questions like these:
Is the interface easy to understand on the first visit?
Are there calculators or tools you think Grow a Garden players still need?
How does the experience feel on mobile devices?
Were any parts confusing or harder to use than expected?
Did you notice any performance issues or inaccurate calculations?
If you could change one thing about the website, what would it be?
I'm not looking for compliments—constructive criticism is far more valuable. Whether you're a Grow a Garden player, a developer, a designer, or simply someone interested in usability, I'd really appreciate your honest thoughts.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and, if you decide to check it out, for sharing your feedback.
Project URL: https://www.thegrowagardencalculators.com/
Comments
Post a Comment